Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Children in "Chicken Village"


children in "Chicken Village"
Originally uploaded by djflowerz

I'm going back for them - Angelina Jolie style! Just kidding. But look at those curls! And eyes! They look scared but I think they were just shy. Other kids in the village were very happy, laughing and playing. I took this a few weeks ago on the bus ride from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Lat. I think the kids are from either the Kho or Cham ethnic minority group. I forgot to mention in my last post that also in Hanoi we visited the Ethnology Museum, which focuses on Vietnam's 54 minority groups and is one of the best museums I've ever visited. It is very well designed with highly engaging and educational exhibits, including clothing, tools, recreated houses, and videos of funerals and other rituals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are adorable.